At Andrew McCarthy Ecology our in-depth understanding of what developers need from an environmental consultant has given us a reputation for considerable commercial awareness. Our philosophy is to work proactively with clients to help them find early solutions to their ecology-related challenges. For example, we recommend early dialogue with decision makers at the outset of a project, in order to ensure risks are minimized as far as possible, as unexpected late requests from planning authorities for extra surveys can cause significant project delays.
Our core expertise is in habitat and protected species surveys and we have many years’ experience preparing ecological and environmental impact assessment reports. We pride ourselves on being technically accurate and thorough, but we will not recommend unnecessary survey work if it is not needed. Our consultancy reports are suitable for supporting planning applications, satisfying planning conditions and underpinning appeals at Public Inquiry or Hearings.
We advise clients on all aspects of environmental consultancy and we have worked with developers from a wide range of sectors, including residential, renewable energy, Energy from Waste, minerals and mining, highways and other infrastructure projects such as pipelines. Our environmental consultancy work is carried out across the south of England, from Cornwall to the Home Counties.
- Habitat survey including Phase 1, NVC and lower plants
- Protected species survey – e.g. bats, great crested newts, reptiles, dormouse and birds such as barn owl and cirl buntings
- Ecological Impact Assessment, consultation with statutory agencies / planning authorities and input into master-planning and mitigation design
- European Protected Species (EPS) licensing and Ecological Clerk of Works
- Habitat Management Plans and Habitat Creation Plans
- Expert support at Planning Panels, Hearings and Public Inquiries.